VENOM 3U Integrated Processor for Sonobuoys
Detect and identify the most elusive submarines
The UYS-505 "VENOM 3U" is the revolutionary next-generation Acoustic Processor from General Dynamics, the world-leader in Sonobuoy Processing innovation.
- Processing of any passive or active sonobuoy in fleet use
- Control of Command Function Select (CFS) Sonobuoys
- Intuitive Operator Machine Interface (OMI)
- Concurrent processing of over 100,000 spectral cells
- Specialized tools for Diesel Submarine detection
- Optimized detection of transient target sources
- Wideband coverage for active intercept
- Scalable geographic display with tactical overlays
- Embedded training module
- STANAG 4283-compliant recording
VENOM 3U leverages the latest advances in signal processing technologies to maximize the detection of modern submerged threats, while minimizing Size, Weight, Power and Cooling (SWAP-C) for airborne installation. The fixed- wing variant processes up to 32 sonobuoys, while the rotary- wing version can process up to 16 sonobuoys in addition to its embedded control of dipping sonar.