General Dynamics at CANSEC 2014
May 21, 2014 | Featured Story
OTTAWA, Ontario - General Dynamics will showcase products and capabilities responsive to Canada's national security and defence communities at CANSEC 2014, May 28-29, at the Ernst & Young Centre in Ottawa.
With key industrial capability in C4ISR, armoured vehicles and ammunition, General Dynamics is a leading provider of critical defence capabilities to Canada and is committed to driving economic benefit to the country through collaboration with local enterprise.
Visit General Dynamics at CANSEC at the following locations
- Booth #1301 and #2100: General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada
- Booth #1501: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems - Canada
- Booth #1601: General Dynamics Canada / General Dynamics C4 Systems
General Dynamics Canada will feature Canadian solutions and technologies being offered to Canada on current and upcoming programs. The company will showcase information on an undersea warfare innovation and collaboration centre to be opened later this year in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This initiative supports the company's ongoing work on the sonar systems for the Halifax class frigates as well as the Maritime Helicopter Project and the Aurora Incremental Modernization Program.
In collaboration with Colt Canada, General Dynamics Canada will feature the Soldier Weapon & Observer Reconnaissance Devices (SWORD) system, integrating weapon-mounted surveillance and targeting devices with ruggedized smartphone technology, bringing critical situational-awareness information directly to the soldier via their weapon.
As a key team member in Team Spartan's pursuit of Canada's Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) replacement program, General Dynamics Canada will feature information on the C-27J solution that meets the demands of the country's incredibly large area of SAR responsibility with a single aircraft fleet.
Finally, the company will showcase its core-to-edge capabilities suited to military, first responder and industrial operations in harsh environments. On display will be ruggedized platform products and software applications related to command and control, decision support and advanced cyber-defence as well as future concept LTE capability.
Featured products from General Dynamics C4 Systems include:
- TACLANE-MultiBook, a secure laptop is the only 'all in one' solution for mobile classified computing
- TACLANE-10G (KG-175X) Next generation high-speed encryptor expands throughput performance to 10 Gb/s with optional cyber defense and Agile-VLAN-capable features (has been submitted to NSA for certification)
- TACLANE-1G (KG-175G) Encryptor a low profile, ruggedized, 1Gb/s network encryptor certified to protect information classified Top Secret SCI and below
- Sectéra® vIPerTM Universal Secure Phone, a desktop phone that switches easily between secure and non-secure calls using Voice over IP (VoIP) and analog networks
- Air Traffic Control CM400/450 radios are designed for managing pilot-to-ground communications at regional air traffic control centers, commercial airports, military installations and training ranges
General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada will showcase the new LAV 6.0, in service with the Canadian Army. Located in the indoor exhibit, the LAV 6.0 features the latest technology enhancements in survivability, mobility and lethality. The outdoor exhibit will feature the Ocelot Tactical Vehicle which offers unprecedented multi-role flexibility and a V-hull for blast protection. Also on display in the outdoor exhibit is the Bronco 2 Marginal Terrain Vehicle, also known as the British Army's Warthog. The combat-proven Bronco 2 is designed for mission modularity to offer a full spectrum of capabilities.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems - Canada will showcase a variety of small-, medium- and large-caliber ammunition from 5.56mm to 155mm artillery projectiles. Its Simunition FX training will be highlighted, a non-lethal training product including FX® Marking cartridges, conversion kits and protective equipment for use in force-on-force training.